Utah (Beehive State) is the state of Mormons, which today still account for almost 60% of the population. This state which is known for its spectacular nature is located in the western part of the United States. Utah is a landlocked state, in fact it borders to the south with Arizona, to the west with Nevada, to the north-west with Idaho, to the north-east with Wyoming, to the east with Colorado and to the south- east has an edge of its territory in common with New Mexico. The capital and largest city is Salt Lake City.
WONDERFUL NATURAL SCENARIOS
The Utah territory is one of the richest in natural beauty in the United States. This state is formed largely by highlands crossed by some mountain ranges that are part of the Rocky Mountains. Among these, the most important is that of the Wasatch Range which crosses the state from north to south. While to the northeast are the Uinta Mountains, with the highest mountain in Utah, Kings Peak (4,123 meters).
To the west lies the arid Great Basin. Which includes, to the north-west, the Great Salt Lake Desert and the Great Salt Lake. To the southeast lies the Colorado Plateau, crossed by the Colorado River. Over the millennia, this river has formed beautiful landscapes, it is in fact in this area that the 5 national parks of Utah are located.
The great attractions of this state are its fantastic natural beauty. Here the tourist can find the typical landscapes of the American Far West with spectacular rock formations with typically red colors. In this area there are famous national parks such as Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Zion and the Arches.
- Area: 219 887 sq. km. (13th largest state of the United States of America)
- Population: 2,736,000 (data 2008) (Whites 89.2%, Asian 1.7%, Amerindian 1.3%, Blacks 0.8%. Hispanics (classified into different racial types) are 9.0%. Data 2000).
- State Capital: Salt Lake City.
- Languages: The official language is English (spoken as a first language by 85,9% of the population). Spanish is spoken as a first language by 9.0% of the population. (Data 2005).
- Religion: Christian 83% (Roman Catholic (10%), Evangelical (7%), Protestant (7%), Mormon (58%)).
- Time zone: (UTC-7; Summer UTC-6).
ACCOMMODATIONS, APARTMENTS, B&B AND HOTELS
This post is also available in: German